Terms and Conditions
End User License Agreement
This agreement is between you and BeamGuru.com. By purchasing and using any BeamGuru.com Software you understand and agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement or if you do not have the authority to agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement on behalf of the licensee then you must not use the software.
Account Terms and Conditions
- BeamGuru.com accounts are not to be shared without our consent or redistributed as the work of another party. The software and calculators are all the intellectual property of PE SHATILOV Y.Y. Any violations of this will be considered an infringement of Copyright laws.
- BeamGuru.com accounts are designed for a single user only. You will experience lockouts or suspensions if the account is used simultaneously in two or more locations or on more than a pre-determined number of devices or IP addresses per month. This is to protect unlawful use of BeamGuru.com products and software. If regular suspensions occur, extended lockouts and service accessibility may be suspended indefinitely or cancelled altogether.
- All sales are final and there are no refunds unless under exceptional circumstances (e.g. you never received the account or you find a genuine fault with it). Please read the detailed features list of each product so you know exactly what you are purchasing before you agree to pay. We offer grace periods (see next point) and money back guarantees (point 7 below) on certain accounts. We do not offer refunds or trials to prevent people using the software for their benefit (possibly to complete assignments and homework) and then asking for a refund once they have no use for it anymore.
- BeamGuru.com offers a 30-day grace period for refunds of annual recurring payments. Likewise a 4-day grace period is available for refunds of monthly recurring payments. The grace period begins at the time of the recurring charge. This is to protect users who have forgotten about their subscription and are charged the subscription fee when they no longer use the service. For this refund to be granted, the user must not have used the product during the grace period and must contact BeamGuru.com Support before the grace period ends.
- BeamGuru.com has the right to make any changes to the accessibility limits on Free Accounts and free software at any time, without notice.
- BeamGuru.com offers a 30 Day Guarantee on some products. If advertised the user can request a refund if they have found the product was not delivered as advertised or if there were any severe issues with the software which is at the discretion of the BeamGuru.com support staff.
- You may not rent, lease, sub-license, lend or transfer the Product to another person or legal entity without the prior written consent of BeamGuru.com.
Software and Usage Terms and Conditions
- Results from any engineering software should always be double-checked when applied in real-life applications. As a BeamGuru.com user it is your responsibility to verify and validate the output of the software with some other independent means.
- As a user of BeamGuru.com software, particularly professional engineers, you agree to use sufficient duty of care when using BeamGuru.com's products. This includes not designing or constructing anything outside of your abilities and knowledge as an engineer. As with all engineering software, one should always question the results and perform sufficient checks that the results are logical and correct. BeamGuru.com and its individual creators take no responsibility for any damages, liabilities or consequences resulting from any use of our software.
- A party shall not be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this Agreement for the period that such failure or delay is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or labor disputes, embargoes, government orders or any other force majeure event.
- The forces, materials and results are all based on theoretical input and solutions. With any structure or design, a wide variety of other factors can directly impact the actual results and behaviour of said structures. Some examples include other loads (e.g. wind), actual material properties, self-weight, age of structure etc. As a user you understand that such variables can strongly alter the results of BeamGuru.com products from reality and should be considered in your design and calculations.
- There are literally millions of possible combinations of supports, fixities, loads, members, materials and sections. This makes it impossible to test and ensure accuracy in every single possible scenario. As with any software there may be bugs or errors that cause it to function incorrectly. As a user you understand that although all BeamGuru.com Software goes through extensive testing, the risk of deviated results due to software failure is still possible.
- BeamGuru.com results are not to be used for design purposes unless signed off by a professional and competent structural engineer.
- You, at your sole expense, will defend, indemnify and hold BeamGuru.com harmless from and with respect to losses or damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred in connection with, any suit or proceeding brought by a third party against BeamGuru.com insofar as such suit or proceeding shall be based upon (i) any claim arising out of or relating to your use of the Product except where such claim alleges that the Software infringes or constitutes wrongful use of any copyright, trade secret, patent or trade mark of any third party; or (ii) any claim arising out of or relating to any act or omission by you. You will pay any damages and costs assessed against BeamGuru.com (or paid or payable by BeamGuru.com pursuant to a settlement agreement) in connection with such a suit or proceeding.
- BeamGuru.com reserves the right to use your structures and files as marketing material in the form of screenshots and visual mediums only. To opt out of this, please contact us. BeamGuru.com will never release your designs or files to a third party or any other subscriber without your permission.
- You agree to accept communication in the form of personal and marketing emails. You can opt out of these at anytime by clicking 'Unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email or by contacting us.
- BeamGuru.com may change the product automatically over time without notice and shall not be under any obligation to provide you with any notification of such change.
- BeamGuru.com shall not distribute, share or release any personal information to any third party unless that use is for internal use by BeamGuru.com only or the user has opted in (for instance, as part of a partnership program)
- BeamGuru.com will never share data or information collected from third party partners such as Microsoft, Autodesk or Slack. This information is to be used by BeamGuru.com to only enhance the user experience.
- As a registered user, users agree to allowing BeamGuru.com to use company name and logo with comments ('used by') for marketing purposes for a period of 18 months from registration or the last date of subscription payment. Users can opt out of this at anytime by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BeamGuru.com has the right to request student information from the user at any time to verify the user's student status on a BeamGuru.com Student Account. This information is purely used to verify their student status and is not to be stored or shared.
PE SHATILOV Y.Y.
Email Address: email@example.com